Mr Darcy - Alex  Field, Peter Carnavas I received this book as part of a Goodreads firstreads giveaway.I liked the fact that this picture book is like a little introduction to little kids - pre-schoolers to early primary school kids - to Jane austen’s Pride and Prejudice. Mr Darcy is a duck in this book and refuses invitations to tea from Lizzy. It’s only when he gets stuck in a puddle of mud and is helped out of his sticky situation that he reconsiders her offers and realises that he does need friends to get by in life...I adored the moral of the story, that no one is too important for friends and that making friends is important, since you never know when you might need them. This book is sweet and it was simple enough to entertain small children. I tried to read this book to my 2 and a half year old nephew but he was a little bit bored by the middle. The main thing he liked about the book was that the duck wore a tall funny hat! So perhaps I wouldn't recommend this book for a child under 3 but from 3 to 5 should be a good age for an appropriate audience for Mr Darcy.I reviewed this book on my youtube channel too! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syOjKunc2w0